Friday, September 21, 2007

Thing #9: MERLIN and More Feeds

I visited the MERLIN site and added that feed to my Bloglines account. Never having seen MERLIN before, I was a bit overwhelmed by the amount of information on the home page alone. I could spend hours browsing through the Library News Blogs and still have more information yet to explore on the home page.

I also used the Blogline's Search tool as well as Syndic8.com to search for additional news feeds. I found Syndic8.com to be a bit "confusing," as its screens were cluttered with too much information for ease of my use. By contrast, Blogline's Search tool was straightforward/direct, and I used it to add a couple more news feeds to my collection.

Lastly, I played a bit with the Gaming, Avatars and Virtual Worlds link to create my Avatar in the post below. I've had a small bit of experience with the Avatar technology in my Yahoo account. However, Meez was much more fun to use!

No comments: