Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thing #8: RSS & Newsreaders

Although I had already been introduced to the world of RSS feeds via HCL training, I admit that I have not been putting that technology to use in my daily life. I have about three sites that I visit each day, so it does make sense to gather that information and place it into one convenient location. I set up a Bloglines account and subscribed to a variety of feeds: library-related news, new CDs at HCL, house and garden news, CNN, baseball headlines, etc. It remains to be seen whether I actually access this information throughout the course of my days, as I tend to visit only about three sites regularly! Otherwise, I just don't feel the need to access that much information.

Nevertheless, it is an amazing technological tool that I can now add to my "toolbox."

No comments: