Sunday, September 30, 2007

Thing #14: Technorati

I like Wikipedia's concise definition of Technorati: "Technorati is an Internet search engine for searching blogs," about 94 million blogs, as of August '07. I took the "Technorati Tour" and was amused by founder Dave Sifry's comment: "While we love expert bloggers, we've also spent a lot of time making Technorati understandable to normal people." I guess that makes me "normal."

I visited Technorati and searched "Learning 2.0" in the blog posts. It came back with 26,315 posts, but it was obvious that the search had split "learning" and "2.0" into separate, distinct hits. After scrolling through many posts, I had no luck finding anything that was truly "Learning 2.0."

I had better luck searching the Blog Directory: 677 blogs about Learning 2.0.

"Top Blogs" and "Top Favorited Blogs" were primarily technical in nature. "Top Searches" were, I felt, somewhat "disturbing" in content, so I did not linger long in that area. Very odd.

I did not feel the need to "claim" my blog.

No comments: