Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Thing #5: Exploring Flickr


Bloody Lane #4 (B&W)
Originally uploaded by W.R.Miller
Yes, I am one of those people who has never heard of Flickr but had a great time discovering what it can do. I found this photo in Flickr's inventory, created a Flickr account, and (obviously) played with the "blog this photo" function. This particular photo is of Bloody Lane, Antietam Battlefield, in Sharpsburg, Maryland. Having taken many photos at many Civil War battlefields, including Antietam, this particular photo is especially intriguing to me because it is a black and white print. For me, the black and white adds a surreal quality to the landscape. Photo credit: W. R. Miller.

Thanks to Flickr, I enjoyed
many different perspectives of this hallowed ground.

No comments: