Monday, October 8, 2007

Thing #19: Web 2.0 Awards List

I selected the category "Events" from the Award Categories and explored the #1 pick: "Upcoming." Upcoming is a Yahoo! web tool that enables users to track what cultural, etc., events are taking place/upcoming in any given area, worldwide. I love that I can create my own "watchlist," can search the "most popular events (worldwide)," via venue or event name, and I can add events that may not be on the site. I actually searched a venue where I will be attending an event later this month and discovered that my event was not there. I therefore added it to the site. Upcoming automatically generated a map/driving directions and added this to my post. Pretty amazing.

This type of tool would be a great way to organize library event information. Customers could generate their own personalized "watchlists."

No comments: